407 E. Main Street
Arcola, IL 61910
The Arcola Andrew Carnegie Public Library is an original Carnegie library built in 1905 through a grant from the Carnegie Foundation. The library was one of 106 Andrew Carnegie public libraries constructed in the state of Illinois between 1903 and 1914, and was designed in the Classic Revival Style by architect Paul O. Moratz. The library, featuring a gabled portico at the entrance and a hipped roof with ornamental cornice along its edge and a cupola at its peak, houses a collection of over 18,000 books. The library was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2002.